My Photo
Name:
Location: TUCSON, Arizona, United States

Monday, April 02, 2007

Spring bike training

For the first time since 2000 we returned to West Texas for spring bike training, riding some 400mi over eight days of near-perfect weather--a first in my experience out there in Big Bend country. I was elated to find I could still climb all the routes I've done in the past (despite aging and surgery), including the "Big Hill" shown here; it covers one mile of 15% grade, topping out at 17% with the Rio Grande and Chinati Mountains in the background. Flying back on my 71st birthday I felt ready for the season...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only you would be surpised by your recent success with the hills of Texas. The rest of us know you as a terrific athlete capable of overcoming any challenge. You're pretty amazing, John. Keep up the awesome work. Happy Birthday!

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home