My Photo
Name:
Location: TUCSON, Arizona, United States

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Off to France

We're off to France on Tuesday 22 May for a couple of weeks of biking in Provence, beginning NE of Avignon near Mt Ventoux--of Tour de France fame--and traveling in a circle to take in the canyon of the Verdon, St Raphael on the Cote d'Azur, Aix-en-Provence, and concluding around Arles--last domicile of Vincent van Gogh--and the Camargue to the south. So I'll have some shots to post while we're there. I'm especially looking forward to the climb up Mt Ventoux, 22km from the traditional start in Bedoin. Check out the area on GoogleEarth; there are some great photos of the Verdon "Corniche Sublime" posted on its "panaramio" feature. If you've been there, or want to go, let me know. Perhaps I can learn something. I'll certainly have lots to report when we're back in June...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home