My Photo
Name:
Location: TUCSON, Arizona, United States

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Digging 7 Foot Seas

Saturday, September 8, 2007 08:48:55 -0200

We're something over 1000mi E of the No American coast and some 5days from making our 1st port at Faslane Scotland.
Here's an example of my experience at sea:
One of my children wished me a safe passage and return to shore. Ships are safer than cars--more people died in traffic in Norfolk over Labor Day wknd than in all the Atlantic fleet in the past 5yrs, but it doesn't look that way, gazing down from the bridge this morning as I was, watching the bow dig in to 7ft seas crossing from our port stern quarter, remenants of a large storm then visible well off to starboard and east. As the hull rolls away from each swell it produces a wave you could surf on that rolls out 10meters or so in a boil of foam. Yet a moment later there's no mark of our passage.
...jb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home