My Photo
Name:
Location: TUCSON, Arizona, United States

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Eve of the Etape' du Tour

Unfortunately for me, the window of our room overlooks the courtyard where an evidently enormous gang of wedding revelers decided to perform group karaoake until the small hours last night. The upside may be that I'll surely fall asleep easily this evening. We have to be ready to board the coach for the Etape' start-line at 0530 tomorrow. The race is off at 0700, though with 9500 riders it'll likely take half an hour to cross it myself. My number is 6305, but there won't be live feeds. Results will be posted tomorrow night at the Mondovelo Etape du Tour site. After a 30km tuneup ride this morning our bikes were transported to Monte'limar, so the rest of the day was given over to lounging by the pool and reassuring one another about being able to finish. An entirely new experience for me, so in that respect it's already been worthwhile to plan and train for this. I hope I have good news to report tomorrow...

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Have a safe ride, and a grand time!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Heike said...

How did it go? Did you survive?

11:27 AM  
Blogger DR JOHN BAILIFF said...

Survived fine, Heike. Oldest rider by 9yrs. Took me 10hrs. Good nutrition, no cramps; just old-man slow. Thanx for checking...

3:22 PM  
Blogger DR JOHN BAILIFF said...

Remind me who this is again.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home